A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
As we are in the holiday season, let us be aware of the increased risk for phishing scams and malware campaigns targeting Bank customers. Please be aware that cyber actors may also leverage the fear and concerns generated by current events to lure users into opening attachments containing malicious code or to click on links directed to websites to collect personal information. Customers should practice safe internet browsing both on personal and corporate computer systems.
Protective measures against phishing scams and malware campaigns include:
- Maintain up to date antivirus software
- Do not follow unsolicited web links in email, text, or chat messages
- Use ad-blocking software to avoid 'malvertising' and potential downloading of malicious content
- Enable "click to play" in your internet browser to avoid automatically playing embedded content on a web page (i.e. news sites, Facebook, etc...)
- Do not open unexpected attachments
- Save and virus scan attachments before opening them
- Do not provide personal or corporate information over the phone, through a website, or via email to unknown persons or to an unsecure web site.
- Verify the identity of the person with whom you are communicating
Be safe and Happy Holiday!